- The Halo franchise has brought nearly $3 billion in revenue to Microsoft. Halo: Reach, the latest game, has brought $200 million in sales in the first 24 hours. Microsoft has spent, in Halo 4, more money than in any other game in their company. Hopefully Halo fans won’t be disappointed and break the sales record.
- The New Super Mario Bros. U appears to be a really strong title for the Wii U. Unlike the New Super Mario Bros. 2 for Nintendo 3DS, it may not be as disappointing. The game for the Nintendo 3DS was not bad, but there was so much more potential that the achievement of the game was disappointing for some. There is still hope with the newest Mario coming to the Wii U, after watching some gameplays the game seems really good. The developpers brought back some of the best stuff from SUper Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World.So people who have played those games will be able to relate to the newest game in the franchise.
- Randy Pitchford, the studio director for Aliens: Colonial Marines, claims that the Wii U’s version of the game is the “best looking” version. He says the GamePad shows so much potential in what it can bring to the FPS games. Even though it is not as revolutionary as the Wii Remote, this is the best console for dual screen gaming. It will be the game developpers job to actually release good quality games and show the gamers ways of using the GamePad originally for their games that will determine the success of the Wii U.
How Hurricane Sandy Affected Video Gaming
Activision said that some players may experience problems connecting to some games due to hurricane Sandy. Until powers is stable at Activision’s New York data centers these games may have connection problems:
- Call Of Duty: World At War (all platforms)
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PlayStation 3)
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops (PlayStation 3, PC, Wii)
- Guitar Hero (all titles and platforms)